Heads up Scam text

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Had scam text this morning saying I had been in contact with Covid and to click on link to pay Royal Mail for delivery of Covid test

Deleted !

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Just got one recently saying my PayPal account has been suspended due to suspicious activity.
Strangely I have just ordered a new Altura winter cycling jacket using PayPal.
PayPal have nothing suspicious on my account as I checked using a different machine with a reasonable time interval.

midlife

Guru
Just got one recently saying my PayPal account has been suspended due to suspicious activity.
Strangely I have just ordered a new Altura winter cycling jacket using PayPal.
PayPal have nothing suspicious on my account as I checked using a different machine with a reasonable time interval.

I don't click on any links to PayPal.

I sit and laboriously type out the PayPal address in full into a blank browser page and press enter.

Is this the most secure way?

oldwheels

Legendary Member

I sit and laboriously type out the PayPal address in full into a blank browser page and press enter.

I never click on links but I have an easy access to my account with email address, password and a confirmatory text from them with a security number.
Not sure if it is necessary but I do not do this immediately and leave a few hours interval.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Yes don’t click on unsolicited links and you’ll be fine. Same with ones that say call this number for your bank etc. Check out correct number from statements, back of bank card or other official sources you have.

postman

Legendary Member
Mr and Mrs P have a system,one has accounts and the other has the payments authorisation it works a treat.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I keep getting messages telling me that my webcam has been secretly enabled and has been used to record what I get up to on my visits to various websites. If I don't send loadsamoney immediately, everyone on my contact list will be emailed copies of the videos...

Why would anybody be interested in a video of the underside of a plaster stuck over the camera lens? :whistle:

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
I keep getting messages telling me that my webcam has been secretly enabled and has been used to record what I get up to on my visits to various websites. If I don't send loadsamoney immediately, everyone on my contact list will be emailed copies of the videos...

Why would anybody be interested in a video of the underside of a plaster stuck over the camera lens? :whistle:

People have some strange “interests” don’t they :laugh:

Porcia

Had one recently with a +43 country code, which turns out is Austria, should have answered and practised my bad German on them.^_^

Top Bottom