headset bearings

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by phil120867, 20 Apr 2010.

1. phil120867

phil120867 Über Member

HELP please I have a 2007 Cannondale rush 4 (carbon) that is designed to take a lefty but comes with normal fox forks, its got an integrated FSA headset. Its been fine for a few years but I need to replace the bearings after the last winter. The sizing on the outside of the bearings is obscured by a patina on the metal. I've acquired a few different bearing sets but nothing fits, they seem to be a bit shallower than most, does anyone know the size or where I can find out please? they have a black/ dark blue ring over the bearings

cheers
    Phil

2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Have you tried cleaning the bearings up gently with wire wool? It might reveal the size. Alternatively a bearing stockist should be able to measure them with a micrometer, they will be cheaper anyway from a stockist.

3. OP
    OP
    phil120867

phil120867 Über Member

thanks, I washed them in washing up liqiud, greased them and put them back in for the summer. They seem fine but I'll get them replaced in Sept when I have some more cash. cheers

Phil

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice