Headset. Gap!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CyclingStone

Trash or not? I asked someone but he just talke over my head. I know I have an integrated headset and I know that there is a gap between the crown and the frame and I will not not file away anything to make it fit... If it is trash I guess I have to contact the chinese manufactur, if it is ok I am missing something huge...

Thanks. Trash or good?

Attachments

• IMG_20210529_200246.jpg
    IMG_20210529_200246.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210529_200328.jpg
    IMG_20210529_200328.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 20

Big John

Guru
Is that the original crown race as fitted on the fork? If so that's pretty shocking.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
C

CyclingStone

Is that the original crown race as fitted on the fork? If so that's pretty shocking.
Hi I don't know. I have read about integrated crown race and it says on the homepage that the frame comes with integrated but I don't believe any bearing is safe resting on a thin line so seems impossible.
WIN_20210529_20_28_58_Pro.jpg

Big John

Guru
The crown race has to fit snugly on that collar. Sometimes the only way to get it to for properly is to file the raised band on the steerer tube but don't overcook it - it has to be a good fit. It's not meant to fit on top of the raised band. It needs to fit around that band. Your LBS will do it for you if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. Wouldn't imagine they'd charge much for doing it.

Reactions: C R

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
They will use a crown race cutter, which also makes the seating area flat and perpendicular to the steerer tube. Was it supplied as a frameset only? It is normal for new framesets to need prepping by a shop, even these days.

Top Bottom