health & safety

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
got-to-get-fit said:
Hi gentleben

I am a health and Safety manager for a petrochemicals firm.

GTGF

Wasnt at Buncefield was it ? :ohmy:

Sorry :sad::ohmy:, repsect due :tongue:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Willow said:
We had a child in school last week who had some sort of fit. Parents hadn't informed us that she had them before. Dad wouldn't pick her up insisted we called an ambulance which she didn't need and would have resulted in big bill for us.
Sorry to go a bit OT, but WTF??? Where was the Dad hoping that the ambulance would take his child? Back home and babysit them for a while until he finished work??? Muppet.

Just out of curiosity, why would you be faced with the bill? Shouldn't this be charged to the parents if they are requesting the transportation?

Hope the wee lass was okay after all that. :biggrin:

Blue

Legendary Member
The IOSH route gets another vote from me.

I took the NEBOSH exams back in the days of the 'Ordinary' and 'Higher' level courses and held the MIOSH designation until my retirement a few years ago. I found the courses hugely interesting, informative and useful.

I don't know about current availability, but I was able to take the courses at my local College of Further Education.

DaveP

got-to-get-fit said:
i think that day would have tested how fast i could run a mile

Run or fly?

Mayniac

got-to-get-fit said:
How are you getting on with the Diploma Mayniac......? One of the hardest bodies of study i have ever had to do.

I sat the part A paper in January, which went OK I think, find out in April. After pausing for breath after that, I'm now getting down to work on unit B. We've got the B & C papers on consecutive days in July which will be a barrel of laughs. At least the questions aren't usually as obscure as the management paper.

Trouble is, when it's a toss up between doing the assignment or going out on the bike......

Top Bottom