Heard about or had issues with Campag Chorus or Record?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

Am planning a bike purchase in the next couple of months and just heard that one bike shop has had a bunch of riders go back with issues. Cannot recall whether it was with Chorus or Record but I think they were experienced cyclists on the whole and think the kit needed to be tightened up.

Any one heard of anything like this? Am intrigued as am thinking of getting Campag for the first time.

I can only think that it must be the Ultra Torque bottom brackets - the BB housing on the frame needs to be faced off otherwise the BB shells can work loose over time - does that ring any bells?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All rubbish, unless you know what the exact issue is............ poor assembly by who ever put's the specific bikes together - nothing to do with the component manufacturer............ FFS.................

Nowt wrong with SRAM, SHIMANO or CAMPAGNOLO, or any other stuff - who fit's it...................... ahem............

hotmetal

I bought a second hand Giant TCR which is full Record. I think the previous owner was pretty handy on a bike and I've done a fair few miles on it myself. Absolutely no problems with any of the groupo. Then again, the problem you are referring to is probably newer kit than the Record I've got on mine, which could be 5 yrs old.Like Fossyant says (especially if it's all centred round one particular bike shop), it's probably down to the guy that assembled it. I really like my Campag stuff, but I have heard mechanics in non-Campag bike shops say they don't know how to fit or adjust it. Maybe that shop hired a guy who'd not fitted Campag before?

Berlinbybike

A local shop told me that they've had more 11 speed ergo levers returned than all else since ergopower was introduced (17 or 18 years ago). Seems they've greatly simplified the mechanisms and they are neither reliable or durable. Or so it is said. Campag have quite a record (pun intended) of cutting corners when they don't think the buying public will notice. Or so I've been told.

But the seeds of doubt are sown......

Top Bottom