heart attack potential

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Saw one of those drivers at lunchtime you just know are going to keel over clutching their chests one day...

Lights at crossroads are red. Lights change. Old lady at front of queue drives forward slowly, and then stops. Bloke in pickup truck behind, held up from turning left for two seconds, hoots aggressively and yells "get a fukking move on..."

Two points mate. She was perfectly clearly indicating to turn right. And the reason she was waiting was that the stupid National Railway Museum Road Train, which travels at a max speed of about 20mph and is about as long as a bendy bus, if not longer, was coming through the junction towards her, preventing her from turning. What did you want her to do, drive through it?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
oh happy day. one less on the road.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
One of the nice, wide, safe bits of road I commute down has been traffic-calmed (unnecessarily in my opinion, it's tricky to cycle down now with all the chicanes, cycle paths that continue thru' width-restrictions etc)

Anyway, the chicanes have a sign at each one indicating prioriry, it alternates all the way up the road. This little sports car has priority, only there's a van already coming through. So the sports car guy tries to go anyway, 'cos he's got PRIORITY see. Van stops. Sports car stops. Both sit there, van isn't going back. Sports car guy is losing his rag. At this point I go past, grinning. I shoulda waited to see who won, but I don't think it was sports car guy.

He came past me further up the road, gunning his engine as he did so.

Someone in a car tried to do that with me once when I was in the lorry. I was halfway past a line of parked cars, on the wrong side of the road, he came round the corner, saw me in his way, drove up to my front bumper (I'd stopped) and sat there clearly not going to move. I looked at him, he gesticulated at me and started frothing at the mouth. I intimated to him that I was earning £15 an hour to sit there and pointedly took my travel kettle and mug from the overhead locker, placed them on the dashboard and began to make myself a cup of coffee. He got the message pretty quickly after that and reversed. Needless to say, I gave him a friendly thank you wave as I went past, which wound him up all the more.:ohmy:

Joe

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
Someone in a car tried to do that with me once when I was in the lorry. I was halfway past a line of parked cars, on the wrong side of the road, he came round the corner, saw me in his way, drove up to my front bumper (I'd stopped) and sat there clearly not going to move. I looked at him, he gesticulated at me and started frothing at the mouth. I intimated to him that I was earning £15 an hour to sit there and pointedly took my travel kettle and mug from the overhead locker, placed them on the dashboard and began to make myself a cup of coffee. He got the message pretty quickly after that and reversed. Needless to say, I gave him a friendly thank you wave as I went past, which wound him up all the more.:ohmy:
That's amazing:biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
...took my travel kettle and mug from the overhead locker, placed them on the dashboard and began to make myself a cup of coffee.

That, mate, is true class! Hats off to you!:ohmy:

graham56

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:

Weel done RT, had a similar situation when at work but with us it was newspapers that came out, like you say when you`re at work you don`t mind sitting around and being paid for it.:ohmy:

Cab

Theres a stretch of Road (by Magdelene College in Cambridge) which is narrow, and traffic coming IN to the city has priority over traffic going OUT. So if I'm cycling in that way, it isn't THAT uncommon to get half way through it and be faced by a vehicle coming right at me. Nasty.

Took lots of effort, but the bus companies aren't bad for that now, it tends to be taxis and delivery drivers. The more angry they seem, the longer it to takes me to slow down to a stop, give them a shocked look, dismount, point at the road sign, straighten up my socks, and gently wheel my bike to the side of the road...

I had a delightful young man beep me and scream abuse as he passed me last night.

Narrow road, tight corner, wet were the conditions... and some brain box had put one of those huge 0.5x1.5m rectangular metal covers in the road. On the apex. I was holding an aggressive primary to stop this guy cutting me up at this corner because he kept trying to nose past standard primary. I obviously had to go round the outside of the metal plate before I felt safe to pull in and let him through.

Its nice to know he would rather have killed me than wait for 20seconds.

yenrod

NOT STOP AT THE LIGHTS AND TURN BEFORE IT>

If I ever go down for murder it'll be a CD I kill !! :biggrin:

Arch said:
Saw one of those drivers at lunchtime you just know are going to keel over clutching their chests one day...

Lights at crossroads are red. Lights change. Old lady at front of queue drives forward slowly, and then stops. Bloke in pickup truck behind, held up from turning left for two seconds, hoots aggressively and yells "get a fukking move on..."

Two points mate. She was perfectly clearly indicating to turn right. And the reason she was waiting was that the stupid National Railway Museum Road Train, which travels at a max speed of about 20mph and is about as long as a bendy bus, if not longer, was coming through the junction towards her, preventing her from turning. What did you want her to do, drive through it?

got-to-get-fit

Arch said:

With regards to that bus......last time it passed me the wife and the sprog a bunch of young japanese girls were on board it, as they passed us they were taking the usual 3 billion pictures when i noticed they were actually taking pics of my boy. now he is ultra cute and i am dead proud of hiim but c'mon i thought this was a bit off and scooped him up hiding his face. god knows where those pics would end up.
Why do they have to take so many bloody photos anyway?

Top Bottom