heart rate moniters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rikgrimsby

hi could you please tell me what a good heart rate moniter is? am looking at the cateye ones are they any good?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Garmin Forerunner 50. Best of the bunch in C+ test. Great value for money with facilities generally offered only on considerably more expensive jobbies. Mrs A and I both have them. Very pleased with them.

yello

I'm a bit of a loss to know how to answer that in honesty since I don't know what makes a heart rate monitor "good". Cateye stuff has, generally speaking, a good reputation so I'd guess their heart rate monitor will do the job. Polar are, if you like, the leading name in HRMs so how does the Cateye compare in terms of price and functions with a similar spec Polar?

A lot depends on what features you want with your HRM (zones, alarms, etc) and how much you want to spend. Lidl & Aldi both have cheap HRMs that either work or pack up, but at their prices it might be a gamble you want to take... if you can get hold of one!

If the Cateye suits your needs and is at a price you can afford then go for it.

Get one of the Aldi or Lidl ones - a steal for £15 !

I got a couple last year for 7.99 that were reduced ! Even more of a steal !

Only thing you can't so with 'em is download to a compewter - not really sure how may people do this.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Decathlon also do good, cheap, basic ones that do everything except computer download. They even have replaceable batteries in both parts that helps get a decent life span out of them.

Top Bottom