Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I'm male and my HR is higher in the evenings

• I'm female and my HR is higher in the mornings

• I'm female and my HR is higher in the evenings

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Just out of curiosity really, thought I'd do a poll to see if there is any correlation between HR and time of day.
So for example do the majority of people have a higher HR in the evenings?

garrilla

From my readings I don't have a consistent pattern, but I only have the last 7 rides so only 3 sets that are comparable in the morning/night sense. I have (AM/PM) 151/151, 140/139, 139/149

I think Wind speed/direction has a bigger effect for me, such that this morning I really had to battle to keep up my average speed.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I saw your thread from a while ago. In theory there should be a difference between HR anyway. Late afternoon is supposed to be the best time to exercise on the "average" body clock and metabolism. I tried looking for some info as to why this was and didn't find any.

J4CKO

I initially, in the afternoon seem to get a higher BPM starting out than I do in the mornings, like getting out of a chair after being sat down ages, dont get it in the morning.

eddiemee

Heart rate does fluctuate naturally based on the time of day. Obviously some of this fluctuation is simply down to the level of activity at any given time but there is an underlying trend of (if I remember correctly) two peaks and two troughs over a 24-hour period.

Top Bottom