heartbroken - to say the least...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Claudia

For some reason I only saw the 'new' Alur 700 from decathlon a week ago. It was a game changer for me - tho I must admit the looks were the first thing I fell for!! Then my bf talked me through the specs and I said 'that's it! I'll go get it on my day off!' That would be today...
All the way down to Surrey Quays to find out it is sold out and it won't be back in stock at all!! :cry:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-520-road-bike-black-red-id_8322663.html this seems to be the next thing within my budget...

Tho I could hardly take my eyes off this one... http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ultra-920-carbon-road-bike-id_8290152.html :blush:

ayceejay

Guru
I would say that the 920 was 4 times better than the 520

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
How about the Spech Dolce or Ruby ?

My Dolce is a dream to ride.

Kbrook

Veteran
I think that 520 looks good. Nice colour scheme, carbon fork, sora groupset. Very good value for money. I would say there is no way that carbon is worth 4 times the 520, and the 520 in my opinion looks better.

Kbrook

Veteran
I think that carbon one, despite being 11 speed and having nice wheels is a little overpriced particularly compared to some offerings from Canyon/Rose, Ribble etc.

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

I think that 520 looks good. Nice colour scheme, carbon fork, sora groupset. Very good value for money. I would say there is no way that carbon is worth 4 times the 520, and the 520 in my opinion looks better.

520 it is! coming next week!

Kbrook

Veteran
Not on the basis of what I said I hope. I know nothing just came on the forum as it was better than watching the football.

Seriously though I'm sure it's going to be fine. You do know it's a triple? Which is absolutely fine if that's what you want.

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

Not on the basis of what I said I hope. I know nothing just came on the forum as it was better than watching the football.

Seriously though I'm sure it's going to be fine. You do know it's a triple? Which is absolutely fine if that's what you want.

I took my bf with me this afternoon, he has 4 bikes of his own and tends to spend weeks researching before buying so he had to see before I made a decision ;)

Top Bottom