heatable clothing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donaldd123

Hello everybody,

A friend of mine told me something about heated clothing, does anybody here has any expierience with that?
I am wondering if it is comfortable and easy to train with, he told me it is better to train with that, so I am asking for your opinion on all this.

Thanks in advance

snorri

Legendary Member
OK, but restricted somewhat by the length of the electric cables or the hot water hoses.

Sara_H

Guru
I often warm my socks and gloves up in the microwave - you should put a glass of water in with them though.

AndyRM

XOXO
A mate of mine occasionally plays 5-a-side wearing a heated buff, the massive girl.

On a non-sexist note, I can't see the point. You heat up naturally when exercising, so what's the point? Unless you're looking to sweat more to shift some water weight, or something?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
As Matt said. If you are cold pedal harder it works ^_^ If you take a while to warm up when you set off, put your kit on the radiator before you go out. As long as you have the right kit on, the cold shouldn't be a problem. I have had rides when my drink, brakes and rear mech have frozen but I am still nice and warm.

AndyPeace

Hello everybody,

A friend of mine told me something about heated clothing, does anybody here has any expierience with that?
I am wondering if it is comfortable and easy to train with, he told me it is better to train with that, so I am asking for your opinion on all this.

Thanks in advance

I have a heated body warmer, with 3 heat pads run off a small battery. I use it at work when standing around outside. For the majority of my riding I would find it a hindrance, I usually find that whatever the temperature, by half way in I'm thinking should have just wore my pants!
If however a heated jacket/gloves/shoes/thermos flask gets you out cycling in the colder months, then I can see it as a good thing. everyone's different :smile:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I have a pair of heated gloves - even if the rest of me is warm my hands are always cold! I haven't found the gloves much use TBH though they could probably do with better batteries.

Top Bottom