heated gloves; battery & USB type... any recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Sealskinz do a pair, which a mate has and I've tried. Toasty, but pricey.

This is the cheapest I've seen them - https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Sealskinz-Waterproof-Heated-Cycle-Gloves_213913.htm

tom73

Guru
I’ve a pair of them too can’t fault them really. Are times they are not quite toastie warm but they keep enough of the chill off. Once warm low power works for most things. Worth it for me to be pain free in this weather. Easy to get extra batteries too.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
thanks for the replies but they're way over my budget. If i were using them daily it'd be a worthy investment but for one or two longer winter rides only... :blush:

tom73

Guru
Not sure you will find cheep heated gloves that actually work. Worth checking Sealskinz site they do offers this time of year.

AndyRM

XOXO
Not sure you will find cheep heated gloves that actually work. Worth checking Sealskinz site they do offers this time of year.

This. There's a company called DayWolf which do ones slightly cheaper, but you're still looking around the £100 mark. AliExpress have loads of cheap ones, but I've no idea if they'd be any good or not; I suspect the latter.

Your best bet is probably to look at something along the lines of what @Oldhippy suggests.

Last edited:

Sallar55

Veteran
Icebreaker or Smartwool gloves , then a bigger pair of waterproof gloves over them.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I’ve a pair of them too can’t fault them really. Are times they are not quite toastie warm but they keep enough of the chill off. Once warm low power works for most things. Worth it for me to be pain free in this weather. Easy to get extra batteries too.

How long do they last on a charge ?

I suppose it depends on how cold it is etc etc

tom73

Guru
How long do they last on a charge ?

I suppose it depends on how cold it is etc etc

Yes it’s variable on max 2-3 hours lower setting 3-4 ish with carful management.
I turn them off once I get near home need to take them off to use the key anyway. Or any time I take them off I turn them off 1st.
Early morning dog walk I pre heat a few mins 1st find that helps keep them warm once turned down.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've got some some Aldi gloves with a fleece inner and padded lobster outer that are good down to zero, am I just lucky in not feeling the cold that much?

Gwylan

Veteran
Try installing some bar heaters. Used them to make a 12v slow cooker for the boat. Just need 12v - could you use a dynamo and a battery

Top Bottom