Heated Throws

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thinking about purchasing a heated throw but the reviews i have read is that they only get warm on the highest setting unlike a heated blanket.
If anyone has got a heated throw can you give me some info on it please?

cheys03

Veteran
We bought one of these a few weeks ago -‘Dreamcatcher Luxurious Electric Throw’

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IWQNBRW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Sadly it seems there’s some profiteering/supply&demand inflation as the price has rocketed in only a few weeks.

I use it in my work from home office chair and sit on it, rather than wear it over me. It has 8 heat levels and I usually use setting 2 or 4 so far. 8 would be too hot for me. The timer does 1-9hrs which is perfect for the workday. It’s quoted at 100-120W, possibly based on the supply voltage being 220-240v. I’ve not measured what it’s drawing but on the settings I use would be surprised if it used more than 60W.

I love it! It’s like a car heated seat if you’ve ever sat in one and does a good job of heating your core. I’m surprised people reckon they are not warm enough - certainly not my experience.

For comparison we have an electric blanket in the bed too, also rated 100W per side and settings 1-8 heat - rarely used above level 3. Maybe just not feeling the cold yet - even if we are very tight with the heating

johnnyb47

Guru
I bought one a few weeks back from Argos.On the highest setting it gets quite warm ( a little to warm )
The lower settings certainly keep the chill off.
I definitely recommend them

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They seem to be about 10W power which means you could run one from a 2 amp USB mains adapter for about 9 pence per 24 hours. That beats turning on the gas boiler and heating the house. I have no idea if they actually work.
Your body is probably generating about 100 W at rest, so it would only add 10% to that! Just add another layer of clothing instead.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Your body is probably generating about 100 W at rest, so it would only add 10% to that! Just add another layer of clothing instead.

I'm already wearing industrial LJs, vest, shirt and ski socks, not to mention my standard issue sweater, jeans and fleece. The Michelin Man looks anorexic in comparison. There's a limit to what can be tucked into my jeans before the blood supply is fatally restricted.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You forgot the mitts, buff, and woolly hat! :okay:

There's a quilted hoodie on my lumberjacket.

Jody

Stubborn git
I get bombarded by Banggood offering all sorts of gadgets from China. These USB heated vests caught my eye.
https://uk.banggood.com/search/usb-vest.html?from=nav

They seem to be about 10W power which means you could run one from a 2 amp USB mains adapter for about 9 pence per 24 hours. That beats turning on the gas boiler and heating the house. I have no idea if they actually work.

Partners brother has one for going to watch football that he powers off a USB power pack. Works well apparently, although I've not asked him how long the power lasts.

Top Bottom