Heathrow T5 Bike Parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phil485

Has anyone used it, is it secure and how easy is it to find.

I'm going to Frankfurt for the day and I'm tempted to cycle to the terminal, it's only 4 miles.

I've not had a chance to check it out and I need to be at the airport for 5:30 so it would be good to have some inside knowledge.
I've checked out the map on Heathrows website but I can't see any evidence on google maps.

Moda

Has anyone used it, is it secure and how easy is it to find.

Was there last week and checked out the bike racks. Seemed O.Kish but would feel nervous leaving anything expensive there. Cars & buses etc leaving get a very good look at whats available. Am sure there's CCTV coverage as its an airport so maybe just for the day?
Not sure if you know them but its the same type of racks as they have at Euston train station ie double height. If your facing the Terminal there tacked on to the very very far right hand side. You can't see them on Google maps. Just looked. If it was me I'd skip it first time and check them out for a possible use on my second trip.

OP
OP
Phil485

Phil485

I'm going to take my old BSO so although I will be rather annoyed if it goes missing, it's not the end of the world.
I've turned down the work taxi that would have at least tripled my journey time so I'm committed to giving it a go.

Cheers Moda for the info on location, 5:30 is a time of morning that I hate so scrabbling around looking for them would be a pain.

I think as as Morrisman has said, anything more expensive/ longer term would be worth leaving at left luggage.

OP
OP
Phil485

Phil485

IMG-20130912-00100.jpg

Well all went ok. As has been said, there is cctv and some ok bikes there too. Important bit is the bike was still there when I got back.

All in all worth doing and I will be using it again.

Top Bottom