hebridean hundred

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice pics. Where was the ride, beside Amhupsc4l00kinn.......!?

Who's that wild lookin' fella nicking your bike :evil:

Crackle said:

Who's that wild lookin' fella nicking your bike ;)

...local 'Crocodile Shoes' lookalike competition... :smile:

And I forgot to say that the pics are very exhilarating, and the scenery would make a welcome change from the hustle and bustle...

Noodley

a-ha! I was wondering if you were "wicker man"! Nice pics.
See you at the Snow Roads...;)
well I'll see you at the start, then probably see you disappear...

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have never visited the Hebrides, but with wonderful scenery like that, I think I will have to visit and see all these remote places.

Perhaps I will have to research a trip round Scotland (by train) and boat and bus. ;)

OP
OP
iandg

iandg

Legendary Member
Crackle said:

Who's that wild lookin' fella nicking your bike :thumbsup:

Sorry didn't describe a route - Stornoway to Tarbert and back with a leg from Aird Ashaig to Hushinish and back.

I'll put some titles on the pics:smile:

OP
OP
iandg

iandg

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
...local 'Crocodile Shoes' lookalike competition... :biggrin:

And I forgot to say that the pics are very exhilarating, and the scenery would make a welcome change from the hustle and bustle...

:thumbsup: a similarity to Jimmy Nail has been commented on before

I've done the Tarbert to Stornoway bit. Long time ago when I was touring. I seem to recall a hill just outside Tarbert and then a landscape of Lochans until you get quite close to Stornoway. Absolutely lovely landscape but the wind was against me that day. Well so I thought until I stopped for lunch and then as an experiment I tried cycling back and discovered the wind was against me that way too: most puzzling. That's the only bit I did. A pre-arranged meeting in Ullapool meant I got the ferry off the next day. In fact the only reason I went to Tarbert by boat was to to catch up on two days running late and cut down my miles to eek out a failing bottom bracket.

OP
OP
iandg

iandg

Legendary Member
The pictures were taken on the road that turns off left just before the hill you mention (the climb past Aird Ashaig quarry). The pic of me with the bike is on top of the hill.

Top Bottom