Hebrides tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
That's a significantly different tour altogether. If you haven't been to the Outer Hebrides before I suggest you go for it. The islands are so unique and stunningly beautiful. I've never had a tent blow away yet.
Thank you for this, I went through Arran,Mull and part of Skye last year in June,July and loved it. Really fancy exploring some more. I'm sure we will go for it!

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
yes I have camped all over the inner and outer hebrides. I was in a car at the time but the tent was a modest dome Vango. Have also sat out storms in a tent.
Here's my set up, will it cope?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 44

iluvmybike

Über Member
The Gatliff Trust hostels are worth thinking about - basic but nice. You can't book so have to take your chances but they don't turn folk away on a bike

Thanks for this, sounds like a trip you will always remember :smile:
Yes, At one stage I got off the bike and sheltered in a roadside gully to get cover from the Hailstones. Overall I had good weather, just such high winds, but the bad parts where bad, really bad, when i camped by the airport on Barra, the other peeps camping there took turns chasing their tents across the beach, luckly mine was designed to be battered.

Top Bottom