heck of a job finding cyclocross bikes in stock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ashtons99

Title says it all really.

Im down to Boardman cx pro, Scott comp cx, ridley crossbow and maybe a couple of others but no one actually has these bikes to view.
Ive got £1000 waiting to spend but few shops and certainly halfords seem apathetic to selling

Norm

Recession? What recession? :evil: I'm surprised about the Boardman CX the others are relatively small manufacturers who are probably seriously hedging their bets rather than being lumbered with a gazillion unsold units at the end of the year.

Evans online has the 52cm Scott Comp in stock with the others due in a week. About the same story with the Kona Jake the Snake.

Good luck with your search.

boylucifer

I'll hazard a guess that it's no use to you, but the nearest LBS to me had a Ridley Crossbow in stock a few weeks ago (even had it reduced to £699) looked like a really nice bike!!! (It's Leslie Bike Shop in Fife, if it helps you any).

OP
OP
A

ashtons99

boylucifer said:
I'll hazard a guess that it's no use to you, but the nearest LBS to me had a Ridley Crossbow in stock a few weeks ago (even had it reduced to £699) looked like a really nice bike!!! (It's Leslie Bike Shop in Fife, if it helps you any).

Thats a good price! £200 saving

boylucifer

Yup - getting a new bike next month and would love to have gotten the Crossbow, but doubt they'd do it at that price on Cyclescheme, and not sure if SWMBO would be too happy at me adding £100 to my voucher before I've even bought any new kit!!!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
C2W does seem to have caused a shortage of bike in the £700-£100 price bracket, that said my nearest LBS (the Tri Centre) can get Ridley Crossbow's in about 10 days, really nice bike, SWMBO is thinking of buying one...

bauldbairn

HJ said:
C2W does seem to have caused a shortage of bike in the £700-£1000 price bracket...

Too true! I picked up my new bike from Halfords(non C2W) and they had four CB carbons going out that morning + what looked like another five Boardmans in boxes to be collected.

Shop around some Halfords hold large stocks e.g. the one in Cumbernauld.

What about the Genesis "Croix de Fer" about a grand and they had them in stock at EBC(Edinburgh Bike Coop)?

Top Bottom