hee hee hee, humiliation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Walking into town yesterday, coming up to the crossroads at the end of the road, spotted a silver Merc pull up at the red light, completely in the ASL. No other traffic in front, or behind, the light was red as he approached, so no excuse.:blush: I'm walking on the pavement on the other side, so I refrain from crossing over to smash his windscreen in:evil:. As I get to the crossroads, and wait for the phase to change, to cross, I see the Merc edging forward. Traffic predominantly turns right at that point, the other two spurs being closed to traffic, or a deadend. So it's a fair guess he's wanting to turn right, along the road I'm about to cross. So I keep an eye on him, suspecting that the minute the cross traffic stops, he might go, regardless of his light, and the pedestrian phase I'm about to use - he's by now completely over the front stop line, so he's out of the ASL and over the studs marking the pedestrian crossing. :smile:

Once I'm half way across, I reckon he's not about to jump the red, so I look away, but I glance back as I get to the far pavement. To see the driver being berated by a classic little old lady with shopping trolley and a tartan coat and a stick, which she's waving at him, because he's blocking the pedestrian crossing. I figure that was much more humiliating than being addressed by me, on or off the bike.:smile:

:smile: Excellent! Did she pull him out and beat him over the head with a bag. I'm sure there is a youtube spoof video of that somewhere!!

The other night I was cycling home and at some temporary traffic lights (at red) I stopped two cars back. At the front was a taxi. The lights had been red for a good minute or so and the oncoming traffic had just stopped coming through, however, there is a side junction that was at green with no-one coming. Mr taxi driver just thought, 'what the hell' and went through the red. :smile: The traffic light remained red for another 10-15 seconds after that. It doesn't come more blatant than that.

I had my camera on, but due to the rain on the camera the video looked a bit psychedelic. Got his number but not really worth reporting. But be warned red light jumpers of Glasgow. My camera is out looking for you.....:blush:

Oh and watch out for old grannies with sticks...:smile:

There's a clip somewhere on YouTube of a bloke in a big BMW blowing his horn at an old dear who is (quite legitimately) hobbling over a pedestrian crossing. Without even looking at him, she clouts his car with her shopping bag, which rather hilariously, causes his airbag to go off, leaving him stranded.:blush:

Rhythm Thief said:
There's a clip somewhere on YouTube of a bloke in a big BMW blowing his horn at an old dear who is (quite legitimately) hobbling over a pedestrian crossing. Without even looking at him, she clouts his car with her shopping bag, which rather hilariously, causes his airbag to go off, leaving him stranded.:blush:

Thats the one I was thinking of RT, but I am sure it is a spoof/fake. I'd like to be proved wrong though!!:smile:

I am choosing to think that it was true. I wonder what happened after he got out of the car.

Twenty Inch said:
I am choosing to think that it was true. I wonder what happened after he got out of the car.

Could you really set a airbag off with a tap on the front? If so that could be a great retaliation for drivers cutting cyclists up..... :blush::smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Unlikely, the car has to be moving at over say 10 mph for the airbag to fire - there are a number of sensors that monitor, speed, decelleration and lots of other stuff.....but it the granny had the swing from hell.....who knows...

Ive done a few buses in my time; press the button, they restart it, press the button, they restart it, press the button, etc etc, ad infinitum or until the driver jumps out, then you both run round the bus like a scene out of The Keystone Cops, he gets back in, press the button, etc. Hilarious! Hours and hours of fun! Until a pissed up skin-head passenger gets off the bus, throws your bike into the road and then I usually stop doing it.
I'm looking forward to an opportunity to disable a motorbike. The kill switch is the red button near the RH handlebar grip.

nethalus

Rhythm Thief said:
Even if that's not true, don't forget we can still hit the "Emergency Engine Stop" button on older buses. If the driver has committed a serious breach of motoring ettiquette you can do it more than once.:sad:

That's very naughty doing that.

Top Bottom