Heel Plates or Cleats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Many seem to think that SPD is the only thing that can hold the foot securely to the pedal but there are lots of different methods out there and if you are a midfooter SPD isn't the obvious choice.
The nice thing with the Terra Trike Strapped Heel Support Pedals is the fact that you can use the muscles in the leg full out, with the SPD that wasn't possible for some reason maybe the leg "cuts out" when the calf muscle is overstreched
They don't come cheap though!

Justiffa

My buddies hv been bugging me about changing to cleats or anything other than my standard issue pedals for quite awhile now. but its gotten me thru 2 century rides and a couple of fellowship rides so i'm in no hurry to change. right now my fear of falling due to the cleats (I am beyond forgetful) far outweighs the benefits of more efficient cycling :smile:

Maybe one day i'll be asking the same question, heel plate or cleat :rolleyes:

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
My buddies hv been bugging me about changing to cleats or anything other than my standard issue pedals for quite awhile now. but its gotten me thru 2 century rides and a couple of fellowship rides so i'm in no hurry to change. right now my fear of falling due to the cleats (I am beyond forgetful) far outweighs the benefits of more efficient cycling :smile:

Maybe one day i'll be asking the same question, heel plate or cleat :rolleyes:
Its harder to fall over when your on four wheels like this
downloadfile.jpg

Justiffa

No it's not a bicycle, a bicycle has two wheels, a tricycle three wheels and the vehicle in question has four and are therefore a quad (quadcycle is too long so it is generally shortened to quad)

Don't think I've ever seen one of the quads hereabouts... 3 wheel recumbent perhaps but not 4 wheelers.:scratch:

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I hired one when I went to Lido di Jesolo on holiday in 2005. Great fun, not so great negotiating with Italian drivers though. :hyper:
That piece of road into Halifax, that you don't like, is a doddle on it.

Top Bottom