Hell of the Ashdown 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CotterPin

I am starting at 10am - butI live a little further from the start than you. :biggrin:

LeeW

Hope you have a low gear fitted for that 1:4
I used a 26x27 for the 1:5 Schiehallion climb on etape caledonia.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LeeW said:
Hope you have a low gear fitted for that 1:4
I used a 26x27 for the 1:5 Schiehallion climb on etape caledonia.

*Waves* Hi Lee! I might well put on a bigger range cassette for this ride, LOL!

p.s. Lee is super fast, the real deal in speed.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf

CotterPin

I recognise the second two. At the Kidd's Hill carpark the sun was still shining when I got there last time - by the time I made it slowly up to the Ide Hill control the snow was well and truly settling. Like Steve, I don't actually recall the first one.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
hmmm do fancy this being very local and all.. however jnr should have made an appearance into this world a few days before so, hmmm. what to do? what to do?

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Nothing to stop you riding without entering - public roads and all. I think there are usually a few ghost riders on events like this, and there are defo some this time. I have always ghost ridden the L2B BHF ride, and to assuage my conscience I give a good donation to BHF.

theboytaylor

So, has anyone done any sensible preparation for this, like getting in some miles this winter? I'm not looking forward to this, longest ride this year has been 30 flat miles:blush:.

My start time is 8.35, so I've still got a chance of finishing in daylight xx(. Will keep my eyes peeled for any Cyclechateers. I will look something like my avatar, tho with different bike!

Top Bottom