helllo from york

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rob1878

Hello to all, been riding roads since beggining of this summer on a second hand carrera virtuoso to try and recuperate a knee injury, completed my first sportif on sunday (blenheim 60) and despite the horrific weather really enjoyed it. now looking to get some more miles in and hopefully start at the beggining of next year with some more distance rides building up to a 100 miler next summer. Riding the sportif has taught me that while the carrera is a great begginers bike, to tackle serious hills its not just MTB's that need a granny ring! Been riding a team marin for the past 10 years off road and thought i was a decent climber till sunday when the two rings just werent enough, specially after 40 or so miles.

Anyone that went thanks very much, had a great day, my five year old loved the brompton race and thought it was hilarious. Look forward to posting and enjoying reading through existing posts.

Midnight

Hi Rob. Welcome to the forum, and Well done on completing your first sportif :hello:

Shaun

Founder
Oh you'll find a few of them York mob in here. Check out the rides forum too, if you fancy a midnight run from York to Whitby ... :smile:

Welcome to CC, enjoy! :smile:

Top Bottom