Hello again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andywinds

I've had a long while off the bike for various reasons, one being that I was lazy, and was ill late spring. Anyway, I'm overweight, very unfit and not feeling great about being out of shape.

I've set the bike up to go out tonight after work, looking forward to it.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Take it easy and enjoy the ride. :smile:

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Thanks all. It was a tough rides, my legs struggled almost straight away. I cannot go out too often too soon as I get saddle sore. But it was very good to be out, should never have had a big layoff.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

It's been 3.5 weeks now and I'm still riding, no where near the performance before I stopped but going well. Only slight issues I have is, a light sore knee and Achilles tendon. I've also lost about 14lbs in that time period, but I've also been in the gym as well. Oh, and I've also dropped carbs down to virtually nothing. Need to slow things down a bit.

Welcome back and glad to hear that you're happier withyourself.

Cut/heavily reduce sugar from your diet and you'll notice even more health benefits.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Welcome back and glad to hear that you're happier withyourself.

Cut/heavily reduce sugar from your diet and you'll notice even more health benefits.
Thanks Dayvo, just to add, I've not really been having any sugar/carbs, apart from the odd banana and apple, some berries that's it. I've not eaten bread, rice, potato, pasta in that time. I would like to be around 13.5 and 14 stone by the summer time, I know it's not all about the weight, but I do feel better weighing less. Plus I can climb hills better :-)

Thanks Dayvo, just to add, I've not really been having any sugar/carbs, apart from the odd banana and apple, some berries that's it. I've not eaten bread, rice, potato, pasta in that time. I would like to be around 13.5 and 14 stone by the summer time, I know it's not all about the weight, but I do feel better weighing less. Plus I can climb hills better :-)

That sounds very good! :thumbsup:

IF you can manage any extra exercise, skipping 2 x 5 minutes a day is excellent for toning your body and dropping weight.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

That sounds very good! :thumbsup:

IF you can manage any extra exercise, skipping 2 x 5 minutes a day is excellent for toning your body and dropping weight.
I think I will break!! I'm in the gym first thing in the morning or at lunch for an hour doing weight, I was doing an hour on the treadmill but now my ankle is sore. It's only been less then 4 weeks so it's not too bad. Looking bad in Lycra is also a motivation.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

TBH I don't think lifting weights is necessary, unless you want to bulk up, at least not for cycling.

But if you're comfortable with it and enjoying the routine, then carry on by all means. :smile:
It was never something I did for cycling, been in the gym for around 20 years, I started cycling a few years ago to get fit and lose weight, I had elevated blood pressure. I use both to maintain a happy and healthy lifestyle.

Top Bottom