Hello All from Southampton, Hampshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Hiya Everyone,

Slowly getting into this cycling lark as a mode of transport (well threw myself into it really by selling the second car) and also as an option to "wear the little b*ggers out" without it killing me too.

I am not by an stretch of the imagination a "good" cyclist, although I have progressed to a level where pedestrians no longer over take me! Mostly I cycle a hybrid thingy some cheap job from Argos and refuse to spend the pennies on my dream bike until I am more proficient and the youngest is also pedalling her own road.

Squidge is 7 and cycles himself although given the chance after a late day at school will beg to sit in the trailer with his sister User76 who is 2 1/2.

Squidge has some sort of mountainy bikey thing and often cycles with his Grandad which means he is quite fast as Grandad's bike is electric as well as cycling to school

User76 has a Tricycle its a Schwinn and I have bike envy over it, it's gorgeous and has handle bar tassles which I want, but can't have due to mirrors being on the end of mine.

Mostly User76 rides in a Bike Trailer its a 2 person one as it means we can fit the picnic gear, buckets,. spades, towels, first aid kit and all manner of paraphanalia in it at times its a skiiddii and has been slightly modified by a flag on the proper side of it, triangular reflectors on the back instead of square and a good soaking in fabseal to totally waterproof it.

I am quite enjoying this cycling lark and hope to gain at least a little knowledge about stuffs over time... the most important thing I have learned with the places I cycle around here is that decent tyres and slime filled innertubes are a must unless you have a puncture fixing fetish and like pushing bikes alot rather than pedalling them!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :welcome:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome Puddles! A whole cycling family, great!
I take my cat to the vet on the bike trailer, cycling is great fun! ^_^

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi and welcome to the forum

Top Bottom