Hello all new here....

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Adam Robertson, 13 Aug 2012.

?
  1. viking

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. carerra

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Adam Robertson

Adam Robertson Active Member

and new to cycling right I have a £250 budget to buy a road bike all your advise and knowledge would be more than welcome thanks if you see any on auction sites please let me know thank you all and be safe on the road

2. OP
    OP
    Adam Robertson

Adam Robertson Active Member

I didn't know what that voting thing is ignore it

3. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

evening Adam voting ignored , i would go for a used bike rather than new just to make sure you are ok with a road bike first .

go and see your lbs and see what they offer or advise if unsure or perhaps another cc er local to you can offer help , where are you based ?

4. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

5. Col5632

Col5632 Veteran

6. BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham Mask is gone!

Welcome from another newb returning to cycling who wants a road bike, so I will be watching this thread.

7. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

you will get more of a response to your poll in the Bikes & Accesories forum so I will move the thread there.

Welcome to Cycle Chat.

8. rb58

rb58 Enigma

Check out the Triban 3 from Decathlon. Slightly over budget at £300, but gets some great reviews - including 'best buy' in a current magazine (Cycling Active I think ). There are a few threads on CycleChat about it which a quick search should reveal.

9. david k

david k Hi

i voted before i saw this, isnt voting a good insight though?

10. SotonCyclist

SotonCyclist Active Member

Welcome Adam, like RB58 has already mentioned, the Triban 3 has recieved a lot of good feedback on the forum. Worth checking out.

11. mip

mip Well-Known Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice