Hello all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnny loose

New to Cycle Chat so thought I'd say hi. Ive been doing my 12 mile a day commute to work for the last five years and have just recently started to go out on some club rides at the weekend. Really enjoyed the club group ride atmosphere and intend to take it further. Fancy the Eddy Merckx EMX-1, has great reviews and seems like a good 'all dayer' I'm 43 now and have put a few extra pounds on over the years so not looking for an out and out speed machine but a nice comfortable ride 'now now matron' what do you all think?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
johny , welcome aboard , go the whole hog and re live your youth with a good olde steel framed bike from the 80's or before , you know you want to

OP
OP
Johnny loose

Johnny loose

Hi Biggs, hmmm, you may be right but i've convinced myself that a carbon frame will flatten all the hills and help me sail over them with ease

Scrappy

Regular
Hi there and welcome, I’m also new to Cycle Chat, it seems a great community and I hope you find the members as helpful as I do.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi johnny welcome to the forum I have a specialized Sirrus it feels like cheating when I ride it compared to the steel framed hardtail mountain bike I have. It doesn't flatten out the hills enough but they are getting easier, the more I do them :smile:

OP
OP
Johnny loose

Johnny loose

Hi johnny welcome to the forum I have a specialized Sirrus it feels like cheating when I ride it compared to the steel framed hardtail mountain bike I have. It doesn't flatten out the hills enough but they are getting easier, the more I do them :smile:
Hello part-timer
I know what you mean about the hills!

Top Bottom