Hello all.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HillSpecial531

Being from Lancashire, looking for a Hill Special, ideally 1980s, so Blackpool, 23 to 24. 5inch, if anybody knows of one for sale.

Cheers.

Hillspecial531

Sharky

Guru
Welcome to cycle chat.

A Hill Special was my first decent road bike and a fixie. Sadly it got nicked when I left it out side Woolies in Prescot, back in the early 60's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HillSpecial531

An old tatty Mercian of mine on single free, got knicked from CCTV covered bike rack twixt V&A and Nat History museum on a day trip to London, in Jan 2019, I was with my daughter who was going for a job interview, which she got. I'd been in the Nat History museum whilst she went for the interview. When i returned to the bike stands, my two locks had been cut off, they were on the floor and my bike I'd had for 25 + years was n gone. The thrives were caught on CCTV but Sweeney not interested.

Had to get underground to Euston for train home.

An expensive day out.

Saw bike 4 weeks later on Ebay.

Ebay would not reply to me when I reported the listing of my stolen bike.

The seller would not give out his address for viewing, he would only post the bike.

Took the Sweeney two weeks to go visit the seller.

The seller said the bike had been stolen from him the day before from his lock up. Sweeney did not even go look, instead they said case closed as no bike.

Sharky

Guru
It's a real shock when you return to your bike and find it gone.
We must have similar tastes in bikes. The one in my avatar picture is a Mercian!

Top Bottom