Hello all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigsteve4

Hi im steve a new member. I used to ride TT in my twenties i lived in Staffordshire then im now in suffolk by the sea i was 60 just after xmas and bought a bike to ride in the first lock down. I ride with a local group all half my age but they go slower just for me im sure. I bought a smart trainer to help get 4 stone of me as i was 18stone. Ive lost 2 so far. My first ride was 17miles and it took a week to recover as it had been 34 years since i had been on a bike not counting a 250 honda i had in the 80s My bike is old but it is a full carbon with shamarno 105 gear set brakes it weighed 8.3kg when i got it ive fitted carbon bars and pedals but with the bar extension lights phone computer etc bottle tools spare tube not sure now. But im still the main weight problem my bikes got. My last ride before the weather went -2° was 27miles with a 32mph max which really impressed the guys i ride with. Im really enjoying riding again and the many years i rode as a young fit slim guy are decades ago its still great to be on my 23mm tyres watching for the next road grid not to go down. I did it once but thats another story.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Welcome, from a fellow Suffolk dweller :okay:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I'm only a couple of junctions further in Claydon :okay: Might see you out and about one day!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
And welcome from just up the road in Trimley St. Mary, although I seem to cover most of Felixstowe & Walton on the rides to & from work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom