Hello and help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Make yourself at home cally, it will be your turn to make the virtual tea soon!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
C

cally

When buying a new bike, is it always better to buy it in person or can you get a good bike on line?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
cally said:
When buying a new bike, is it always better to buy it in person or can you get a good bike on line?
answer to both is yes.

for a beginner i would definately see what your local shops have, at least to get an idea of what size frame you'll need. being a girl, you may also need to change the stem, and certainly the saddle of any non female-specific bike.

it's still worth checking out bikes online though, particularly if you find the same bike in the right size but cheaper than the lbs (local bike shop). if you go down this route, check that your lbs won't match the price, or throw in some extras first. the lbs will set the bike up properly and will certainly fix any problems that arise in the first few weeks for free.

if you do buy online, make sure that the bike comes ready to ride, not all online bike shops offer this, and you'll end up paying the lbs to do it for you anyway.

good luck!

roshi chris

Hi there i'm not a girl but i have got some size 10 girls trousers (satin clubwear. tres sexy).

If you want to get a nice new road bike try to avoid getting attached to a particular brand before you've seen whats out there. In my experience the best bikes for your money are generally the less well-known makes. Big brand names like Trek and Specialized often work out quite expensive.

Chat to people on here for a while to get an idea of what you want in terms of frame material, componenets etc, then go into a shop and see what kind of cash you'll be paying, and get an idea of sizing etc. Then hunt around online.

Top Bottom