Hello and which Giant Rincon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all,

I've just recently taken up cycling having been medically downgraded (I'm military) for the last 4 years with a bad back. I seriously need to get rid of the spare tyre or 3 that I have! :wacko:

I'm enjoying every minute of it and having set myself a little target (very little compared to yourselves!) of 1000Km before the year is out, I have so far done 558Km's since starting in March. Believe me when I say thats quite good for me and by the looks of it I will pass it very easily!

I'm enjoying it so much, I've decided to get to know more about bikes they way they work and how to fix them, purely for a personal interest.

With this in mind I've come across lots of different parts and terms and thought it would be a good idea to start off with my current bike and learn every part of it. This is were I'm having a few problems as I cannot find my particular bike anywhere on the net.

I have a Giant Rincon. I have found lots of Rincons (presumably newer/older versions) but not one in the same colour as mine.

Here is a photo:
rincon_full.jpg

Does anyone know which year Rincon it is?

Any advice for a beginner is very much appreciated.

postman

Legendary Member
Try and see if you can find an id number under the bottom bracket then e-mail Giant advice centre.If they have one.

djc

hi,

I have just been looking at purchsing a new bike and have been looking at one ogf these. How do you find it? I was also looking at frame size. I am 6'1" with an inside leg of 34" an was looking at a 21" frame how dose that compair with you?

OP
OP
T

TheBigGeeUK

djc said:
hi,

I have just been looking at purchsing a new bike and have been looking at one ogf these. How do you find it? I was also looking at frame size. I am 6'1" with an inside leg of 34" an was looking at a 21" frame how dose that compair with you?

I love it bud. I'm 6ft with inside leg of 30 (short legs compared to rest of me, obviously! ;)) and it fits me fine. When I went to buy a bike out here in Germany, I told the guy in the bike shop roughly how much I had too spend and he had me on several bikes around the same price range. This one felt more comfortable than the rest most of which where more expensive, including a newer Red Rincon (which he said was actually not as good a bike as the one I bought, even though it was more expensive!), so I think it's great. I would seriously recommend going to a decent bike shop and trying a few out if they let you.

The one I went to even gave you a free service after 300Km's or 3 months (whichever the soonest). I don't know if most places do that or not!

Good luck with your bike hunting!

Thanks PunkyPossum I'll try that forum!

Top Bottom