Hello. Can anyone help me with info about Rossin road bikes please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pea

$T2eC16J,!)UE9s3wBnBoBRWdO5!quQ~~60_12.JPG

This has been stored in the garage and we need the space! It is a good bike but condition is not perfect so needs love. Is it anything special?

AndyRM

XOXO
Do you have any other pics? Rossin made some very nice bikes back in the day.

GIOS

Questo posto è una bettola!
A general guideline: If it's Rossin, it's special. Truly great frames and even in bad condition they will usually sell for 300£ in eBay and that's just the frame itself. Beautiful bike btw!

OP
OP
P

Pea

Ok - thanks. We have actually posted in without a reserve on Ebay and are getting nervous as there are a lot of people watching it, but I guess the nation will decide what it is worth. I did see another Rossin bike there for £300 but looks in fab condition.

Fingers crossed then!
$T2eC16F,!zUE9s38-N6TBRWdPUlppg~~60_39.JPG
$T2eC16R,!)sE9swmZopbBRWdPdIq)Q~~60_39.JPG

$T2eC16h,!)EE9s2ui)!4BRWdP61Im!~~60_35.JPG

GIOS

I've sold many Italian road bikes for my friends on eBay and have noticed that people tend to bid at last minute. So don't worry. I hope it sells for a good price :smile:

GIOS

Could you link the eBay item for me, I have m8s who might be actually interested.

OP
OP
P

Pea

OP
OP
P

Pea

Update for you all - near the auction close last night, someone contacted us to say the forks had SABA on them. We inspected the bike and found SABA also stamped on the bottom, so now assume that this is a SABA bike which has Rossin Stickers on it. Can anyone suggest why someone would do that???? We managed to get a note on the ebay listing so the guy who bought it knew what it was before the auction closed. Totally traumatic. Never heard of SABA bikes - has anyone else?

OP
OP
P

Pea

I saw that.... looks like SABA is some kind of self build bike - which could account for the stickers!

GIOS

I called my friend who knows a lot of Italian frames and framebuilders. This frame is indeed a SABA and made out of the same tubing as Rossin's and many others were at the time. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, SABA frames are quite rare and not bad at all. Carefully remove the Rossin stickers and put up a new auction with detailed description of the used tubing, dropouts etc. The bike could easily end up being a conversion as fixie f*gs like me are always on a lookout for something not too mainstream. If you made it a worldwide auction I will definitely bid on it. Also good photos and a longer auction time will attract people.

(Sorry for the edits, I'm in a hurry :tongue:)

Top Bottom