Hello Cyclechat members, Akoid here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Akoid, 10 Apr 2010.

1. Akoid

Akoid New Member

Hello everyone, I stumbled onto the site trying to fill a BB room for this years Caledonian Etape. The owner was planning to charge us even though my mate pulled out 6 weeks before. I am a regular on Retrobike but have really enjoyed the Etape threads here and plan to be online more often. I ride a tandem with my partner, an all singing and dancing rigid MTB, a comfy touring hybrid and a fast 'dale retro MTB set up for the road. I've got a cluncker too for the ride to work which is ugly enough to leave around Newcastle without too much attention. Approaching four decades old the back's not what it was hence the hybrid but I'm really happy with the relaxed position and plan to use it this year for the Etape and a W2W in the Summer. Hope to give newbies to touring and sportives the benefit of my experiences and pray our "friends" in the North choose a less damaging form of protest this year!

2. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

Hi & :laugh:

3. Mark_Robson

Mark_Robson Senior Member

Welcome Akoid :laugh:

4. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Akoid - was that font chosen for those who forgot their glasses?

Welcome to the forum and look forward to your words of wisdom.

5. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Hello Akoid and welcome!

Get stuck in here (on the forum) and keep your beadies open for the chance of a CC get-together ride in your area!

6. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Welcome friend. Enjoy the forum.

7. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Hallo and welcome ;)

8. bauldbairn

bauldbairn New Member

Welcome to CC Akoid. :tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice