Hello! :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zzpza

Hi,

New to the forum, just thought I'd say HI and show people my bikes. :smile:

1999 GT Aggressor 2.0

2631529705_98bf3e093f.jpg

200x Saracen HyWay - Singlespeed Conversion

2591244292_446c414f78.jpg

2005 Claud Butler Vicenza

2692733695_042318bae2.jpg

2008 On-One Alu Track

3110967943_852b890ec4.jpg

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Is that singlespeed a single speed with no back brake:wacko:
Looks nice, but a singlespeed with no back brake?

iLB

Hello there
they all look nice, really love the light weight rims on the track bike :smile:

wheres the pic of the MTB taken?

OP
OP
zzpza

zzpza

thanks all for such a warm welcome! :biggrin:

Joe24 said:
Is that singlespeed a single speed with no back brake:wacko:
Looks nice, but a singlespeed with no back brake?

yep, no rear brake. the road going track bike isn't going to have one either. :ohmy:

ilovebikes said:
they all look nice, really love the light weight rims on the track bike :biggrin:

thank you. :smile: i've added a few more bits to the track bike since the last pic. my postie still has my wheelset...

3145430710_c5ffaa90e4.jpg

(i don't want to cut the steerer until i can sit on the bike with the wheels on it)!

ilovebikes said:
wheres the pic of the MTB taken?

Steve Austin said:
yeh. Where is that first pic taken? ;)

would you believe it, but basingstoke! my friend's bike (with rim brakes) didn't fare so well across the mud that day:

2220955478_4e90f2f999.jpg

jules.

OP
OP
zzpza

zzpza

Joe24 said:
My fixed only has one brake, but its a fixed so i can leg brake.

Welcome by the way:becool:

yeah, it's in fixie config at the moment. i built a new rear wheel using a mtb front hub with 6 bolt disc mount and then attatched an 'ISO Cog' (aka sprocket).

3145563408_edf2c89d8d.jpg

the track bike is going to have a flip flop rear so leg braking is an option on both too. i don't go fast / far enough on the singlespeed for it to be an issue. i'll reasses that in the future if conditions change though!

thanks ;)

Joe24

zzpza said:
yeah, it's in fixie config at the moment. i built a new rear wheel using a mtb front hub with 6 bolt disc mount and then attatched an 'ISO Cog' (aka sprocket).

3145563408_edf2c89d8d.jpg

the track bike is going to have a flip flop rear so leg braking is an option on both too. i don't go fast / far enough on the singlespeed for it to be an issue. i'll reasses that in the future if conditions change though!

thanks ;)

They look nice they do.
I have a System ex fixed/fixed hub on mine. Did look at those fixed hubs though that you bolt the sprocket on.
Also looked at the on-one alu track frame to put the components from ym fixed on, but not sure whether to get that or the on on pompino instead if i get a new frame.

OP
OP
zzpza

zzpza

the on-one track frame was in their christmas sale, i got it for £125 ;) i think they had a few cheap pomps too, but you probably didn't want to hear that...?

Joe24

zzpza said:
the on-one track frame was in their christmas sale, i got it for £125 ;) i think they had a few cheap pomps too, but you probably didn't want to hear that...?

The pomps at £125 are the pompino 135 spaced. Its the 120 one i want, thats £153.
I saw the alu track in the £125 sale, thats what drew me to it:laugh:

OP
OP
zzpza

zzpza

Joe24 said:
The pomps at £125 are the pompino 135 spaced. Its the 120 one i want, thats £153.
I saw the alu track in the £125 sale, thats what drew me to it:laugh:

yes, i remember now. the mtb hub i posted a pic of above is 140mm OLN. (hub was originally 100mm). ;) it does make the bike look a bit weird, but then the frame was only £15 from eBay.

Joe24

zzpza said:
yes, i remember now. the mtb hub i posted a pic of above is 140mm OLN. (hub was originally 100mm). ;) it does make the bike look a bit weird, but then the frame was only £15 from eBay.

Arent those hubs front mtb ones that are converted? Which explains why they are 100mm

OP
OP
zzpza

zzpza

Joe24 said:
Arent those hubs front mtb ones that are converted? Which explains why they are 100mm

yep, hence the huuuuuggggeeee spacers. but, it does mean that the flanges and bearings are also huuugggeeee too. :ohmy:

E

Euan Uzami

Joe24 said:
My fixed only has one brake, but its a fixed so i can leg brake.

Welcome by the way:becool:

do you not like to ride with hands on
the hoods?

Top Bottom