Hello Everyone from Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Corgi Kid

Hello everyone at CC, I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Gary and I am from Liverpool UK. Aged 46 I have just taken up riding again after a break of 30 odd years, My last cycle was a Raleigh Chopper MKI :ohmy: I am now the proud owner of a brand new Trek 1.2 bought through the cycle scheme at work. I work as one of 4 Emergency Men at the Mersey Tunnels, Ive also worked as a HGV class one driver for the Royal Mail and served 10 years in the Royal Marines. I have two sons aged 18 and 7, the eldest is just about to go into the RAF to become a Helicopter Pilot.
My spare time is mostly taken up Scuba diving and playing around with and restoring old diecast toys such as Corgi and Dinky and moderating on a forum for Die-casts. I now intend to get out more on my Trek and regain some fitness, to many late nights, curries and a sweet tooth are beginning to take there toll.
I hope to become a regular around the forum and look forward to posting and chatting with you all. Sorry for going on a bit, thats all for now folks :biggrin:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome Corgi kid. :welcome: :bicycle:

ACS

Legendary Member
wave.gif
:bicycle:

OP
OP
Corgi Kid

Corgi Kid

Thank you all for the warm welcome, Its great to be hear. :thumbsup:

E11a

Welcome Corgi Kid. I'm only up the road in Southport and a (lapsed) scuba diver.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Hello and welcome from North Wales.
You seem to lead a full life as it is. Hope you enjoy your cycling, it is a great way to stay fit .

OP
OP
Corgi Kid

Corgi Kid

Welcome Corgi Kid. I'm only up the road in Southport and a (lapsed) scuba diver.

Hi Ella,

My 1st big day out will be along the Formby bye-pass towards Southport, whether I get that far is another thing :tongue:
Maybe we could start an Underwater cycling club :biggrin:. I am off diving for three weeks to Turkey in September, not taking the Trek though.

Gary.:thumbsup:

Powza

Hi, from another Liverpool newbie!
Did you take the opportunity to ride through the Mersey Tunnel as part of the Liverpool Chester bike ride last Sunday? Its a real experience!

OP
OP
Corgi Kid

Corgi Kid

Hi, from another Liverpool newbie!
Did you take the opportunity to ride through the Mersey Tunnel as part of the Liverpool Chester bike ride last Sunday? Its a real experience!

I spend everyday working at the Mersey tunnels so riding at bike through does not interest me. I had a few friends from work who did do the run and really enjoyed the day. Maybe next year so i can meet up with some of the forum

Top Bottom