Hello Everyone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,
I have joined this great forum after getting a bike. I live in North West London and am 40ish years old.

I have just taken possession of a Brand New Boardman Team MTB Hard Tail 650b on my firms Cycle2Work scheme. My aim is to try to undo 25 years of abuse, excess and indulgence which has taken it's toll of me making me Mr Blobby's doppelgänger.

I recently (1 week) quit a 30 a day smoking habit, chosen to do something about my woeful diet and decided to move a bit more.

This was my 1st ride (Strava Linky) to say it was hard on the old legs is an understatement, felt like my poor pins had a good going over with a pick axe handle.

My 2nd ride (Strava Linky) was today and a bit further. This one was murder, trigged an asthma attack that I haven't suffered since I tried a short jog a couple of years ago. Had to get off and walk a biggish hill on the way back, near home I was walking the gentlest of upward slopes. Big girls blouse eh

Hoping all the bad effects of being in the saddle settle down soon as i'm quite enjoying it as opposed to taking trains everywhere.

Anyway just wanted to poke me head in and say Hi ^_^

OP
OP
Choob Driver

Choob Driver

My New Bike BTW
490f997a7b66e0700770d7f46c00ccdc_large.jpg

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
:welcome: to the forum Choob Driver.

You sound like a fair few people on here, including myself, who've given up the fags & decided to get fitter. Enjoy the ride & do pop along to this thread & let us know your progress.

Last edited:

Booyaa

Veteran
Welcome and good luck mate.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Welcome, glad to hear what you are doing and keep it up even when it feels tough. You will soon start to feel the benefits and enjoy the rewards of the new life style.

Also from a mainline daylight boy it's nice to see a tunnel rat on here!!!!! ^_^

Bryony

Veteran
Hello :welcome: to the mad house! I too have taken up cycling to get fit and my 1st ride was a disaster, barely 2 miles and was walking up what I'd then call a hill but now realise is just a gentle slope! Your legs and lungs will soon get used to it you'll be surprised at how quickly you progress! ^_^ Keep up the good work!:bicycle:

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome:
I've recently got back into the saddle after 6 years away due to ill-health.
I'm up to 12 mile rides now, and loving it.
I have lost weight and feel fitter...still a long way to go yet but it's a start!
Good luck!

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi Choob Driver!

Aww, don't call yourself a big girl's blouse - I think you're big and brave and clever to get on your bike! It also takes a bit of chutzpah to get off and push and still go ahead and get back on the bike next time. Kudos!

My granddad was a tube driver about a million years ago btw.

Top Bottom