Hello everyone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carsong57

New to this site, so a few words about cycling interests.

i am more a 'brogues and tweed; type rather than lycra clad cyclist. I like nothing better than to perambulate at a leisurely pace on quiet roads................but occasionally go off touring on my Brompton, complete with tent etc, or my Thorn Nomad.

The latter is used for ' off the grid ' trail and minor road riding, complete with tent / bivvy bag / placing my head down at the end of the day discretely where i do not inconvenience anyone. I do have a Dawes Tanami that i use for short journeys and short light touring.

Though i am located in Northern Ireland, I have cycled further afield, and more recently turned my attention to Scotland. So far this year i have cycled up and down Kintyre and plan, time permitting, to travel down the west coast from Durness / Cape Wrath to Oban / Fort William by summer's end.

I cycle all seasons and at sixty, may plan to retire shortly and devote more time to two wheels.

( NB: I am also a motorcyclist ).

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi and :welcome:

Hi and :welcome:.

There's nothing wrong with going at a leisurely pace. I like looking over hedgerows and seeing how far I can freewheel .

If I was going to do touring like you are planning I would be constantly stopping to admire the views .

bluenotebob

Veteran
travel down the west coast from Durness / Cape Wrath

Welcome to the forum - I've only been on here a few days, but if you have half the fun I've had, you won't regret it.

South of Cape Wrath is Sandwood Bay. One of my favourite places on the planet. It used to be a very well kept secret but unfortunately Nick Crane went and told everyone about it on Coast. It won't be as quiet these days compared to when I first discovered it back in the 1970s, but I reckon it must still be a beautiful spot. If you're into 'wild camping' then I can't imagine a nicer place to stay.

Salar

A fish out of water
Nothing wrong with taking it easy when you are 60 or so @Carsong57

I find it a good excuse to take it easy, particularly on one of my old Raleighs, nobody expects anything from you or to be doing 15mph+ all the time and you can push your bike up the hills.

These privileges come with age and maturity. ^_^

Top Bottom