Hello Everyone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have stumbled onto the site when I put bikes into the search engine on Google!! I have to say I have enjoyed your posts and you don't appear to take yourselves too seriously...a real plus point.
I caught a couple of posts relating to a guy who a bought a new Wilier and had difficulty getting the picture down loaded and he was getting some light hearted banter and it made me laugh out loud!
So a little about me...Got into cycling when living on the Isle of Wight took my children out for a ride on their firs mountain bike on a bridle way me on a very old style Peugeot racing bike.
I saw the fun the kids were having and I was hooked.That was 1991 bought a Raleigh Yukon Mountain bike and absolutly loved it had so much fun on it. Then the upgrade bug struck and my dream machine arrived in 1997 a Orange P7 rigid Mountain bike, Loved the Raleigh but what a step up!!
Broke the frame of the P7 3 years ago so bought a Bianche full suspension bike and didn't like it so swapped it for my brothers 1997 Cannondale Killer V 900 I use it now mostly for my 36 mile daily commute. Thanks for reading. Geoff

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hallo and welcome :ohmy:

OP
OP
Harrietairedale

Harrietairedale

Hi Thank you for the quick welcome! I am also a committed commuter. I live near Ellesmere Port and work in Manchester...much too far to commute so I drive half way and then cycle the rest.
Every now and then particularly last winter I thought I was completly mad getting out of a warm dry car and get on the Cannondale!!
The minus7 did defeat me though! Regards Geoff

OP
OP
Harrietairedale

Harrietairedale

Thanks for your post it is nice to think there is people reading this!

Looking to buy a race bike frame....narrowed it down to Kuota Kebel and Wilier Mortirolo but will have to be a well looked after second hand example. A cycling for pleasure bike that I will be able to keep clean.
Will still love the Cannondale though! Cheers Geoff

OP
OP
Harrietairedale

Harrietairedale

Thanks Dayvo I hope to be able to put links on my posts and perhaps a picture or two. The Cannondale on your link is a great looking bike.
I would love to have the ability to buy out right however getting it through the door would be the problem.Buying a frame and working slowly from there I could justify the cost. I do have some favourite components like Thomson and Fizick and lust after a Carbon frame.Cheers Geoff

OP
OP
Harrietairedale

Harrietairedale

Hi Colly Sorry to disappoint Harriet is my walking partner an Airedale terrier!!...hence my name. Thanks for your post, lovely to hear from you all. Cheers Geoff

stevo

Harrietairedale said:
I have stumbled onto the site when I put bikes into the search engine on Google!! I have to say I have enjoyed your posts and you don't appear to take yourselves too seriously...a real plus point.
I caught a couple of posts relating to a guy who a bought a new Wilier and had difficulty getting the picture down loaded and he was getting some light hearted banter and it made me laugh out loud!
So a little about me...Got into cycling when living on the Isle of Wight took my children out for a ride on their firs mountain bike on a bridle way me on a very old style Peugeot racing bike.
I saw the fun the kids were having and I was hooked.That was 1991 bought a Raleigh Yukon Mountain bike and absolutly loved it had so much fun on it. Then the upgrade bug struck and my dream machine arrived in 1997 a Orange P7 rigid Mountain bike, Loved the Raleigh but what a step up!!
Broke the frame of the P7 3 years ago so bought a Bianche full suspension bike and didn't like it so swapped it for my brothers 1997 Cannondale Killer V 900 I use it now mostly for my 36 mile daily commute. Thanks for reading. Geoff

Hi and welcome to cc. Harriet.

colly

Re member eR
Harrietairedale said:
Hi Colly Sorry to disappoint Harriet is my walking partner an Airedale terrier!!...hence my name. Thanks for your post, lovely to hear from you all. Cheers Geoff

Apologies. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom