Hello folks!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Padbeat said:
Audax <shudders> I might have to get a few more miles in first!

..and plenty on here as well, over on Ride. Christ, you got me into my first 100 mile ride...

OP
OP
P

Padbeat

Yeahbut... I was fittish then, and we had a nice break on the Bute/Weyms (sp?) ferry leg. And if you remember, I was a bit overballasted for climbing even then. There was a great photo of be towing/blocking an HGV all the way up to Rest and Be Thankful.

I'm going to see the physio on Monday & hopefully on the turbo from then onwards.

It looks like I'm trying to talk my way out of it doesn't it? I just needed a bit of a gee-up I think!

wafflycat

Justin!!!

4.gif

Come here for a hug! :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hey Padbeat! Ahoy there! I was only thinking of you the other evening - no really, my sister and I went to a pub quiz and one of the questions was how many nuclear subs does the Royal Navy have! Mind you, we'd just had the 'identify the alcoholic jelly by taste' round, so We weren't up to much...

Anyway, welcome back!B)

Hey Padbeat! Good to hear from you again. I assumed you had taken up a new job with the secret forces and were sneaking into bad drivers houses at night to encourage them to give cyclists room!B)

I hope all is well with you (apart from the dodgy ligaments which I have some experience off:rolleyes:).

I'm well, and I've had a busy year, especially following on from the GCR campaign. I ended up becoming a bit of a Z list celebrity (STV news etc!). It was all your fault.

Maybe I'll tell you about it over beers one day. Obviously you can't make the Christmas cycle that HlaB mentioned, but hopefully we might see you at something next year. We will definitely be doing Pedal for Scotland again.

Hang around, we have a fair few Scots here! :biggrin:

CotterPin

Hi Padbeat,
Good to see you are back. You were definitely one of the good guys on C+. Your "Give Cyclists Room" stickers was a brilliant scheme and a shining example of how these fora can be a force for good.
And my brother still has the sticker in the back of his car!
Stephen

Top Bottom