Hello folks!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Padbeat

It's been a while, and after the demise of C+ and then ACF, I've been loitering around in YACF, but someone mentioned this place (Hi Bentmikey & Magnatom!) so I thought I'd pop back and see how you all are!

I've seen a few familiar names, but i'm a bit wary in case some of the more ... forthright guys have made the transition!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
padbeat, nice to see you. still doing those polite vests? :blush:

Noodley

Padders! I just saw your name over on yACF and was wondering whether to send you a PM to see how things were with you.

Good to see you 'back'. :blush:

You back on firm land or still bobbing about?

OP
OP
P

Padbeat

A bit of both, mate, a bit of both!

Vests - I've got about 3, but I can post the details of the company who did them - they're about £6 each if you buy 10 iirc

I've just notices that this'll be my 3rd post in a year's membership! That's sea-time for you ...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Welcome Padbeat, nice to see you again (also spotted you on yacf). Are you still doing the "Give Cyclist Room" car-stickers?

Noodley

I know this thread is about you, but any word on how CraigUK is doing? :biggrin:

Danny

Legendary Member
Doesn't the captain have to face a court martial when you have "a bit of a bump" or is that only when he sinks the boat?

OP
OP
P

Padbeat

Haven't seen hide nor hair of him for about 2 years - I believe he's left the mob now & headed south following domestic complications. Apparntly his wife in Liverpool didn't entirely approve of his having a bidie-in up here!

Danny - it used to be an automatic thing, but not any more. The Board of Inquirey hasn't made its recommendations yet, but he's no longer the Captain, wasn't invited to the decommissioning ceremony with all the other past captains and his next job is no longer to be as the Defence Attache's staff in Washington. So fairly deep shoot then ...

Noodley

Anyway, enough of this gossip.

You fancy a ride sometime? There's a few people on here arranging stuff...

OP
OP
P

Padbeat

I haven't ridden the length of myself for about 2 months. Busted up the ligaments that join the top end if the tib/fib when a drunk mate fell onto me!

When and where so I can get ready for it?

That's the only problem with the other place - it's a bit london-centric!

Noodley

Padbeat said:
I haven't ridden the length of myself for about 2 months. Busted up the ligaments that join the top end if the tib/fib when a drunk mate fell onto me!

When and where so I can get ready for it?

That's the only problem with the other place - it's a bit london-centric!

Not really - there are loads of us on there. We're mostly on audax bit...loads of good guys there.

It would be good to see you out on a ride sometime again, seriously.

Some good Ecosse representation on here as well..

Top Bottom