Is it me, or the folks I ride with, that a bike needs to meet the purpose it's for - not silly money ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
I have far too many bikes
All my bikes are far better bikes than I am a rider
I don't care
I like them
I can afford them
I buy them

I also have too many guitars, all better guitars than I am a player

Same rules apply

Why does it matter to you what anyone else spends the money on?
It's Inverted snobbery really, "look I'm better than you and didn't spend as much"

Jameshow

Veteran
If you are riding at 10 mph into a 15 mph headwind, you’ll get the benefit.

Of getting the cake shop before your mate!!🤣🤣🤣

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
bit of a thread resurrection but it kinda belongs here
Popped into evans cycles as it was the closest car park to pick mini ck1 from college so i thought i would have a mooch about .
£900 entry level alloy bikes with claris !!, much as i would love a new bike what would i spend that when my "best" bike that cost me £750 ish on c2w is full carbon and is now running rival 22 after an upgrade from tiagra 4700.
Must admit the cannondale topstone 4 is a dark flake speckle finish looks nice but my wallet was staying put at these prices

mustang1

Guru
I was riding my e-bike and stopped next to a guy who was riding a rather expensive looking bike. He looked at my bike, sneered, and told me that I'm cheating. In return, I told him that he was cheating too.

He asked how was he cheating and in response I asked him the same question: "well.how do you think I'm cheating?" He replied that I had an electric bike and that was considered cheating.

So I replied to him:
I told him he has deep rim wheels, an aero bike and lightweight carbon frame, and that is cheating. I further told him that with all the money he spent on his bike, he could have got two of my electric bikes but he chose to cheat with aero wheels instead.

Why am I saying this? Idk, it's funny/silly I guess? No reason. ^_^

Edit: the spelling mistakes and grammar in this post were truly hostile to my eyes, and now fixed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Popped into evans cycles as it was the closest car park to pick mini ck1 from college so i thought i would have a mooch about .
£900 entry level alloy bikes with claris !!, much as i would love a new bike what would i spend that when my "best" bike that cost me £750 ish on c2w is full carbon and is now running rival 22 after an upgrade from tiagra 4700.
Must admit the cannondale topstone 4 is a dark flake speckle finish looks nice but my wallet was staying put at these prices

There are a lot of very nice bikes on ebay for a grand or less. Many aren't selling either.

albion

Guru

It is now Sports Direct style selling. So maybe £240 next week. And no great surprise, blast from the past Sterling House redirects to Sports Direct.

Top Bottom