Hello from Aldershot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daSmirnov

Long time lurker, recent poster. So here's the deal. :-)

Originally from the land of rolling hills and more hills of Yeovil, Somerset. Cycled a lot when I was a kid and early teens, got my Activator in the last couple of years of primary school, always remember doing a 10-15 mile route out into the country with a mate of mine. After leaving school gave up cycling - work was only a 5 minute walk away so there was no need to keep in the swing of things so didn't cycle for about 8 years.

Moved to Aldershot in 2009, and took the Activator with me, just in case I got in the mood again - or work was a ways off. Used it now and then with walking the couple of miles to work. After a cycling trip around the Lake District (rented bikes up there) last summer with the other half the cycling bug was re-kindled despite the fact we got soaked almost every day while we were up there.

After getting back from the Lake District (where I was riding a Trek 4300) the Activator felt like it needed replacing (it had already had brake cables, tyres and loads of other work done to it and since I had it when I was about 11, it was a tad small), so a new bike was on the drawing board, started looking at a mountain bike, but realised most of my usage was on the road and I did have an urge for speed. Not being one to blow money away willy nilly had to think about it for 7 or 8 months, and then got a Charge Juicer. Great little commuter and can do a pretty fair pace when required.

Stumbled upon the YouTube cycling crowd at the start of this year and the Cycle Chat forums. Finally after lurking since Jan/Feb time the helmet can thread forced me to register after getting a ContourHD.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :welcome: to CC

Top Bottom