Hello from another new boy on the forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

bikefettler said:
Thanks all for the welcome,joining a forum where the residents seem to be quite well established is like walking into a party where you don`t know anyone but I`m sure I`ll have some queries as time goes by which the collective knowledge will sort, cheers for now .

Post a picture of your bike - it's only polite. It's the party equivalent of walking in with a bottle of wine and cracking it open and gathering everybody round to see who wants a glass, thus making new friends in the process - as opposed to walking in and helping yourself to the communal plonk.

barq

bonj said:
Post a picture of your bike - it's only polite. It's the party equivalent of walking in with a bottle of wine and cracking it open and gathering everybody round to see who wants a glass, thus making new friends in the process - as opposed to walking in and helping yourself to the communal plonk.

Or to put it another way... we are nosey. :ohmy:

frog

Don't you mind Mr La-di-dah-prove-to-me-the-world-ain't-flat-bonj!

We've got enough good red and white for everyone. All you need to bring is youself. Welcome 'fettler. Have another piece of cake, and a sticky bun, and there's bread pudding and custard for afters as well :ohmy:

bonj2

Arch said:
Yeah...

I don't think we've ever seen one of yours have we bonj?

Welcome, 'fettler. Have a piece of cake.:ohmy:

Er... yes! I've posted lots of pictures of my bike back in the C+ days.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bonj said:
Er... yes! I've posted lots of pictures of my bike back in the C+ days.
in case you hadn't noticed <hushed tone> this is cc, not c+</hushed tone>

was that when you were formerly known as formerlyknownasbonj or formerly known as bonj before they got arsey?

postman

Legendary Member
Hello Bikefettler you have brought out the sun well done.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
frog said:
Don't you mind Mr La-di-dah-prove-to-me-the-world-ain't-flat-bonj!

We've got enough good red and white for everyone. All you need to bring is youself. Welcome 'fettler. Have another piece of cake, and a sticky bun, and there's bread pudding and custard for afters as well :ohmy:

What time you serving ?
And welcome fetty

OP
OP
B

bikefettler

Wow, lots of questions, really warm welcome.I will post a couple of pics of the bikes at the weekend when I can pose them in the garden ! I like to go on rides of between 15& 50 miles when tempted by the weather, I commuted 8 miles each way by bike until I changed jobs 6 years ago and now need the car for work so gone are the happy days of riding day in day out thru rain and sleet and all the other joys of commuting! My longest day ride ever was c2c Morecambe to Whitby midsummers day 1999 at 120 miles I dont think my aged bones will ever better that! there thats by bottle of virtual plonk to get the conversation started .

postman

Legendary Member
Distance for me is not alway's a measure of a good day out.Last week we rode 38 miles along the Leeds and Liverpool canal.Leeds to Bingley five rise locks.The conversation's we had with the boat people walkers and cafe staff just makes the day more enjoyable.This sat we are taking two more with us and going on to Skipton should be around 60 mlles.Being retired makes it more easy to get out during the week.

ajc

Blimey postman, you must have passed my front door going through Bingley! When my knee is ok, I used to ride out to Skipton then onto Grassington and Buckden, a really nice ride. I've only ridden the leeds/Liverpool canal from Shipley to Bingley, I always ride to Leeds through Guiseley and then down to Kirkstall.

And hello to bikefettler, I've only been on here for a few days but everyone seems nice. I'd like to talk about cycling but I'm still injured, its a real pain in the .....knee ;o)

Top Bottom