Hello from Bradford , West Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well after lurking on here for quite awhile :blush: I figure it's only polite to introduce myself .
My names Paul I'm 51 and 15/16ths years old and a stay at home dad to a rumbustious 2 year old son plus a 16 year son with Autism and also a walking wallet and taxi driver to my 17 year old daughter :rolleyes:
I used to cycle regularly in my mid twenty's to early thirties but stopped when the first two kids came along but have finally decided to grasp the nettle and start again though I have to admit that two heart attacks and a double bypass have helped to kickstart an interest in keeping fit and healthy .
I've managed a few rides over the last couple of months plus hours of monotony on the cross trainer and turbo trainer with a view to being fit enough for the Spring into the Dales Audax event seeing it's on my doorstep and then hopefully onward and upward over this summer .

Paul

potsy

Rambler
Welcome Paul, might see a few other CC'ers on SITD's :hello:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Paul - welcome to CC!

I organise quite a few rides in this area and you would always be welcome to join us on those.

I'm sure that you will enjoy SITD provided that you are fit enough for it. It's a tough hilly 110 km (68 mile) route so I suggest that you should have tackled at least a hilly 40-45 mile ride beforehand and got through that without any problems.

There will be quite a few CC members doing SITD. I usually go round with a slow group, and there is usually a quicker group too.

If you start to doubt your fitness for SITD, you could always do the shorter companion event Leap Into The Aire on the same day instead.

Steve H

Large Member
Hi Paul - I'm just down the road from you near Brighouse. Welcome to CycleChat. I will be riding the Spring into the Dales ride again this year. Its a great ride, but pretty challenging terrain. We had great weather for it last year, so here's hoping for the same again this year.g

colly

Re member eR
Mrs Rockymountain always has a long list of things for me to do .

Chief of which is to get that sodding badger removed from your head.

Top Bottom