Hello from Canada

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Greetings all.

I’m a retired engineer from the automotive industry who bought himself a nice bike to celebrate his retirement and rekindled a love of bicycles that has been in hiding since I could afford a motorcycle. Now, almost two years after retiring I find myself wrenching at a Trek dealership part time and taking care of a garage full of bikes... five with pedals, two with engines.

Its like a second childhood, just ask my wife! ( she can’t complain... I found her a nice tandem which she loves )

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Enjoy the lunacy. You live in a fabulous country.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
A04DB150-2854-4DF0-8E25-B3F2AE45E14A.jpeg

Hi Fritz

Welcome to CC.

Burlington is not exactly known for its auto manufacturing. Did you move there in the last 2 years or commute to somewhere like Oshawa or Windsor? Many moons ago I lived a few km east along the lake In TO, so am familiar with the area. Burlington is now huge compared with back then.

Glad you are enjoying your new lifestyle. And have re-discovered the love of 2 wheels without engines.

OP
OP
fritz katzenjammer

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Hi Fritz

Welcome to CC.

Burlington is not exactly known for its auto manufacturing. Did you move there in the last 2 years or commute to somewhere like Oshawa or Windsor? Many moons ago I lived a few km east along the lake In TO, so am familiar with the area. Burlington is now huge compared with back then.

Glad you are enjoying your new lifestyle. And have re-discovered the love of 2 wheels without engines.
Burlington is lousy with component manufacturers, they are just often small divisions or satellite plants, so you don’t notice them hiding there. I worked for a major supplier of automotive electronics making LED lighting systems amongst other things. It was a great way to slowly kill one’s self with stress.

Now my life is completely different... what do we build today? A $4000 mountain bike or a $6000 road bike? Both as it turned out.

One day last week it was a full suspension mountain e-bike, yours for a paltry thirteen and a half grand.

And then I go home, quaff an beer and polish some MKS pedals or perhaps a Neuvo Record derailleur...

Life is hard for us retired types.

Maybe I’ll skip the hard bits and go mink oil a seat or two...

539876CD-A7B8-41E7-B1FC-BA094DC7F924.jpeg

Top Bottom