Hello from Chorley, home of Bradley Wiggins!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TK/20

Hi all.

I'm not a cyclist so please forgive my posting here, I just need a little help and advice.

My wife won a bike in the recent Boardman Olympics 2012 competition. As neither of us cycle we want to offer this bike to someone who would better use it and appreciate it's features, which is why I came here.

We have a brand new and boxed Boardman TK/20 limited edition track cycle for sale. The bike was produced as a signed limited edition of 97 worldwide I believe, and has some very trick features. The frame size is Large, specifications of which appear on the website linked to below.

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/road/track_TK20.html

The Boardman price for this cycle was £999.00 per item but I am open to offers that reflect a considerable saving. I would also appreciate any advice as to the best place to advertise this. The bike is still boxed and wrapped exactly as it left the showroom. It's signed by Chris Boardman and if I bump into Bradley Wiggins (lives a few streets away) I'll ask him to sign it too lol.

Enquiries via PM or email please. old-nail@hotmail (dot com)

Thanks and best Regards,
Peter.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hmmmmm.... nobody wants these.... I'll take it off your hands for £50.

OP
OP
T

TK/20

Well at least that's an offer..... Any advance on £50? ^_^
I bump into the lads from Chorley cycling club now and again when they're out riding so I'll mention the bike to them if I catch them. I believe it can be converted for road use if necessary. As I said we don't cycle so I was quite surprised when it arrived, and also at how light it is for that matter. Not like my old Raleigh Chopper with three speed sturmey archers that's for sure!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'd offer £200 - but anything beyond that and SWMBO would kill me! I

BTW - can I ask where your wife learnt about the competition from? (if it's Loquax, then I'm DCLane on there as well!).

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why don't you SWOP it for a new road bike and get out there and take up cycling?

(Unfortunately this bike would not be suitable for the road unless you were a demented city-centre cycle courier with a death wish; it's certainly not suitable for a non-cyclist to learn on!)

Alternatively I think you would do better advertising it in one of the cycling magazines like Cycling Weekly or sticking it on Ebay, easy since it is already packed for despatch. Also try getting in touch with the velodromes in Manchester and Glasgow and asking if they can put up a For Sale card for you.

OP
OP
T

TK/20

Thanks for that Globalti. Swapping it and taking up cycling is out I'm afraid, but I like the Manchester Velodrome idea and that's not too far away. Ebay would be the simplest way to sell of course, I just thought I'd try a dedicated cycling venue/forum first.

OP
OP
T

TK/20

Thank you chaps.

I've put an ad on veloriders for now but I had a nasty experience with another forum, cycle weekly yesterday evening.

I googled 'UK cycling sites' and that one appeared above most others so I joined it and posted the exact same intro as I did here. I returned to the site a half hour later to find my post removed, my membership suspended without explanation, and a splash screen informing me that the length of suspension was 'For Ever'. Charming.

Hardly ambassadors for the sport if I may say so, I'll mention their actions to Wiggins too when I see him next. Anyway thanks for the help, I'll leave my ad up here for anyone who may be interested and attempt to place a further add with Manchester Velo.

defy-one

Why is cycling out for you?
if i lived within 30 miles of him,my route would involve riding past his place every darn day.
What further motivation do you need man :biggrin:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Firstly, hello, we don't really bite on here!

Secondly and more importantly:
Nnngggggg, not now!! I am wanting to get along to the Chris Hoy Veleodrome here in Glasgow in the new year/post surgery and would love something like that.

I hardly have any money at the moment though but if you are to leave it a month or two, then...

What were you looking for for it anyway?

P.S. Talking of Wiggo, my avatar is of him hearing Lesley Garrat sing the national anthem in Paris! :laugh:

OP
OP
T

TK/20

I'll answer in order.

Skud/Defy cycling's not for me for a number of reasons. In quieter times I enjoyed it, but today the roads are too full of idiots for my liking - and also because I'm not the Adonis-like physical specimen I once was. (least that's how I remember it) :smile:

Doug
I realise how so near Christmas is not the best time financially for most people, so I may put it away in it's own centrally heated spare bedroom until later - now there's posh for you. It's not my bike, the Mrs won it so it's hers, and like all women she wanted to sell for a whopping £20 discount on full retail but I've talked her down to £650 or thereabouts.

When you think it's boxed and brand new, a limited edition of only 93 worldwide, and a signed Boardman at that I thought that would be fair enough.

Top Bottom