Hello from Co. Antrim NI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

getfit

Hi All,

I've recently returned to NI after spending a few years working away. Life was a little too good to me and so I am carrying a couple more stones than when I left as well as letting my fitness drop to zero.

I am looking to get a road bike and build up the fitness while dropping the pounds. Work is some 23 miles from home and I would like to get to a point were I could ride to work a few times a week.

While looking for a new bike I have found out just how confusing the choices are these days and look forward to asking lots of advice and learning from you guys.

All the best and safe riding

GF

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hallo...

Hi Getfit - welcome aboard. If you have done some cycling before then the basics won't have changed much -just the names of the equipment and manufacturers may be a liitle different.

ChrisKH

Guru
Welcome.

Take your time over your choice of bike. Having said that you've picked a good time to buy a new one. 2008 models going cheap late August/September/October 'coz 2009 models coming out soon.

Enjoy.

OP
OP
getfit

getfit

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I got back into cycling last year in a small way, I bought a hybrid to travel 10 miles to work in the Midlands area, but as I'm now looking at further distance and more demanding terrain I will be getting a road bike.

That said I did cycle to work yesterday on my current bike and managed a time of 1:35. Not rocket speed but hope to see the time drop as fitness improves and again with a sweet riding road bike.

I'll let you know my short list and seek your advice before diving in with the purchase.

Regards

GF

Top Bottom