Hello from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hello to all,

My name's David and I currently live in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire.

Like many, I'd put on a fair bit of weight over the years and promised myself a new bike (the first since I was 11 !) if I could do a bit of riding last year. Having succeeded I bought a Ridgeback Platinum in March this year.

Since then I've done over 2000 miles to date and am commuting most days 11 miles each way into Leeds. That's on 40/70 mph main roads so can be a bit hairy at times. I'm also out 2-3 times a week doing between 10 and 50 miles in the hills south of Dewsbury and average about 100 miles a week. Dewsbury to Holmfirth for coffee at Sid's Cafe (Last of the Summer Wine) is a regular ride. Last weekend I did the Wakefield bikeathon and enjoyed it, coming back 4th - so I'd like to do a few more of these.

Next year I'm planning on doing the Coast-to-Coast in the spring plus a few other rides. I've also signed up to the new Etape Pennines in October '12.

Oh, and the weight? Well, I've lost 3 stone and am back down to the weight I was 20 years ago!

My other plans include getting proper clipless pedals, rather than the straps I've got atm, together with a few more organised rides and joining a local cycling club.

colly

Re member eR
Hi welcome to the forum, :hello:

There have been a few new recruits from in and around Leeds of late. :smile:

Keep your eye on the ''Informal Rides'' section. I was thinking of arranging a ride out from Leeds maybe towards the end of this month. Nothing too long, mainly intended for those who are local-ish to Leeds.

Maybe see you along. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom