Hello from Exeter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GinsbergBeard

Hi there,

My name is Richard & I live in Exeter. I have been a cyclist for most of my life, but for the last 2 years I have been commuting to work on a daily basis & am an organiser of my work Bike User Group & as such, my obsession began. Like many novices, I purchased a mountain bike, realising that I don't ride up & down any mountains & therefore the MB wasn't the bike for me. My Bike to work scheme only allows me 1 bike purchase every 5 years, so I have been slowly modifying my bike into a more road worthy beast & it is almost ready (can bikes ever be truly ready?). My bike now has new slick tyres, Brooks B17 Saddle, rigid forks, panniers & am waiting to get new handlebars at some point soon.

Having recently given up tobacco after 24 years, I realised that my life focus has changed & therefore I am ready to realise my inner cycling nerd upon the world. I shall be attempting my first century riding the Exmouth Exodus & hope to take this further, much to the dismay of my wife! :blush:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi Richard and :blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Richard and wlecome to the site.
I have never been to Exeter, though Mrs Ianrauk went to University there.

Very best of luck to you for your first Century.
Once you get one under your belt they gte much easier

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi & Welcome to CC Richard :smile:

I have recently purchased a Brooks B17 myself and hope to gain many miles of comfortable service from it!

Regards,
SD

Top Bottom