Hello from France!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

We live in the Creuse dept 23, Limousin, France. I am new to the site, but not to cycling. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts they would share regarding cycling holidays. For example it is obviously no problem to take a bike if using a car with bike rack etc, but if you want a car free holiday does anyone have experience of travel with your bike, by plane, train in Europe, experiences pros and cons, cost? Or do people prefer not to risk the bike and so hire something at the holiday destination?

Oldgit

A load of info here: My link but you may need to join to access all the info.

Hi,

We live in the Creuse dept 23, Limousin, France. I am new to the site, but not to cycling. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts they would share regarding cycling holidays. For example it is obviously no problem to take a bike if using a car with bike rack etc, but if you want a car free holiday does anyone have experience of travel with your bike, by plane, train in Europe, experiences pros and cons, cost? Or do people prefer not to risk the bike and so hire something at the holiday destination?

Hi,

Thanks for all the information and links it’s all been very useful. We want to be able to pass it on to guests visiting our holiday accommodation who are looking for a car free holiday and travelling with a bike by plane or train is something we have no experience of, and as we are so far from the ferry port we cant see an alternative.

Top Bottom