Hello from Hampshire/Bershire border

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swanage53

Hi guys,
A quick introduction from me! I have dropped into the forum on a few occasions and today took the plunge to join in the fun.

I have enjoyed riding bikes which got less and less as time progressed, since I was a mere lad and have always had some sort of upright road bike. However about 4 years ago I decided being in my 50s I was getting a little too round so long story short I bought a 2nd hand exercise bike then decided to buy a road bike as I got bored with looking at the garage wall. I lost 4 stone, although I have put 1 back on so need to knuckle down again. Currently own 2 bikes, have done a few sportives and a couple of "solo" rides to raise funds for Samaritans. My local cycle shop has been brilliant to me as a novice, I thoroughly enjoy getting out for a ride and enjoy the camaraderie that I have experienced.

I have loads of questions which I will save for another time.

Thanks for accepting me into the fold!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hi @Swanage53 and welcome to the forum.

Where along the border are you? If I'm hill-hunting then then I head out around Kingsclere and Highclere quite often.

OP
OP
Swanage53

Swanage53

Hi @Bollo,

I am about 5 miles from Kingsclere so when I am feeling energetic I head out that way. I enjoy the ride down to Andover on occasions which for me can be a challenge sometimes. I don't really do clubs although there are a few around here that I may drop into sometime, as unfortunately I lost my regular cycling partner when she moved up north. There are also some nice climbs north of the A4 so head out that way occasionally. I am thinking of doing the Ufton sportive when I return from Mallorca - no I don't have either of my bikes here and can be seen longingly staring, with a hint of jealousy at those that are cycling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom