Hello from Hampshire/Bershire border

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Swanage53, 14 Sep 2018.

1. Swanage53

Swanage53 Member

Hi guys,
    A quick introduction from me! I have dropped into the forum on a few occasions and today took the plunge to join in the fun.

I have enjoyed riding bikes which got less and less as time progressed, since I was a mere lad and have always had some sort of upright road bike. However about 4 years ago I decided being in my 50s I was getting a little too round so long story short I bought a 2nd hand exercise bike then decided to buy a road bike as I got bored with looking at the garage wall. I lost 4 stone, although I have put 1 back on so need to knuckle down again. Currently own 2 bikes, have done a few sportives and a couple of "solo" rides to raise funds for Samaritans. My local cycle shop has been brilliant to me as a novice, I thoroughly enjoy getting out for a ride and enjoy the camaraderie that I have experienced.

I have loads of questions which I will save for another time.

Thanks for accepting me into the fold!

StuAff, Elysian_Roads, Bollo and 2 others like this.
  2. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

Hello and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

3. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

owdo :bicycle: and congratulations on the weight loss, if you've done it once ,im sure you can do it again

4. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

5. Bollo

Bollo Failed Tech Bro

Hi @Swanage53 and welcome to the forum.

Where along the border are you? If I'm hill-hunting then then I head out around Kingsclere and Highclere quite often.

6. OP
    OP
    Swanage53

Swanage53 Member

Hi @Bollo,

I am about 5 miles from Kingsclere so when I am feeling energetic I head out that way. I enjoy the ride down to Andover on occasions which for me can be a challenge sometimes. I don't really do clubs although there are a few around here that I may drop into sometime, as unfortunately I lost my regular cycling partner when she moved up north. There are also some nice climbs north of the A4 so head out that way occasionally. I am thinking of doing the Ufton sportive when I return from Mallorca - no I don't have either of my bikes here and can be seen longingly staring, with a hint of jealousy at those that are cycling.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:38
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice