Hello from Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rando

Veteran
Hello all from Rando based in Leicestershire.
I am fairly new to outdoor cycling and only have a Claud Butler Urban City hybrid bike. I mainly cycle on a Saturday morning along roads and then cycle paths and do about 25 miles on my round trip.
I am into 'spinning' big time at the local gym and have been for a few years now but do really enjoy cycling outdoors. I have signed upto a couple of sponsored cycling events in the next few weeks. One is 23 miles round Rutland Water and then another in Warwickshire in October which is 50 miles.
I have also been asked to do the Peterborough 100 miler next April which I am very keen to attempt. Suspect I will need to invest in a new bike though for the 100 miler.

Hello,

Are you coming to Sky Ride on Sunday?

And more importantly, the Cyclemagic Festival at the Pumping Station?

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

Veteran
Hello,

Are you coming to Sky Ride on Sunday?

And more importantly, the Cyclemagic Festival at the Pumping Station?

Hello Hilldodger,
Yes I am coming to Sky Ride on Sunday with the kids. We will hopefully get to cycle the complete route if my 6 year old daughter can manage it. We will certainly pop into the Pumping Station.
Lets hope the current weather improves for Sunday.

Hello Hilldodger,
Yes I am coming to Sky Ride on Sunday with the kids. We will hopefully get to cycle the complete route if my 6 year old daughter can manage it. We will certainly pop into the Pumping Station.
Lets hope the current weather improves for Sunday.

Make sure you say hello - I'm the Arena Manager for the Pumping Station and everyone working there will know who I am, but probably as Roger and not Hilldodger!

I'm waving from South Leics - there are some great rides to the SE of the city and a fantastic cycle friendly cafe in the village of Hallaton if you want somewhere to aim for. It's also nice and hilly over that side (either side of the A47, known to us as the leicester alps) if you fancy a challenge...

TVC

And a welcome from Aylestone. I'll be the one in the Cyclechat jersey at the Skyride.

Following what Kirsty said, there is another great cafe at Sutton Cheney if you want to go the other way, plenty of cyclists there and a good line in home made cake.
thumbsup.png

http://www.suttonwharf.com/

bauldbairn

Hello Rando and welcome to the CC forums. :hello:

Top Bottom