Hello from London!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajstephens

Hello

Names Adrian, 31 from Greenwich London... Been a keen cyclist for as long as I can remember although more recently a roadie! Looking to meet and make friends with local like minded folk for rides fitness and fun...

Current rides:

2010 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
1984 Falcon Professional resto fixie frankenbike
2010 Trek District

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Hi Adrian, I'm from out west meself. Nice little garage you have there.

Welcome to the forums!

OP
OP
ajstephens

ajstephens

Thanks for the welcome! What's the best way to find out about impromptu week day evening rides? Struggling to gather motivation at the moment! Need people to ride with..

OP
OP
ajstephens

ajstephens

Thanks for the reply Ian, Just looking to train locally in the evenings, not looking to pootle or take in the glorious sights of sarf east london, more really to keep my fitness up and burn off the mince pies that already seem to be disappearing down my neck...

Normally cover between 15-25 miles in a local loop and usually average 17-18 mph miles depending on what hills i take in (no idea if this is any good). Try to take in as many as poss to make it worth my while given the milage. Not sure if you know the area but try to head up and down Shooters Hill, Lodge Hill, Bostal Hill, Knee Hill, New Road a few times etc etc as they're the hilliest bits i can find within 15 mins ride...

Hi Martin yes i am the noob at Greenwich Cyclists, thanks for the welcome. Would love to do the evening ride to Brighton this weekend, unfortunately have other plans though...

A

martint235

Dog on a bike
There's not really many other hills in the area.

If you want to do a slightly longer run early on a Saturday morning I have a 35 mile and a 45 mile route you're welcome to join me on. Both head off the same way, Grove Park, Bromley Common, Leaves Green, Biggin Hill. The shorter route turns left at the Spinning Jenny and heads through Cudham down to Green Street Green and then comes back by way of Farnborough, Bromley common etc. This route is lumpy rather than hilly (although Leaves Green can be a b***h if you're already tiring!)

The longer route goes straight on at the Spinning Jenny and down Westerham hill in to the village. On through Chartwell and up Toys Hill (makes Shooters Hill look like an upside down pothole!). Through Brasted, along Polhill and eventually into Green Street Green where is joins the shorter route again.

I tend to do both routes at about 17-18mph average.

I won't be out this Saturday as I'm cycling back from Brighton and I tend not go out in the rain. I commute so getting wet during the week puts me off cycling in the rain at the weekend.

OP
OP
ajstephens

ajstephens

Hi Martin

Would be great to join you on either one of your rides, thanks for letting me know.

However work commitments and holidays have pretty much taken all my weekends now till Mid Jan. I'll keep in touch and hope to join you then.

A

Top Bottom